Young Mothers Group Trust and Centrepoint work in partnership to provide a project called ‘Lifewise’, aimed at young people aged 16-25 about to move into independent living. The project helps them with the life skills needed to manage and keep their home.
The Lifewise project provides training workshops on:
• Managing a home
• Living on a budget – bill payments
• Dealing with debt
• Cooking and nutrition
• Sexual health
• Parenting skills
• Rights and responsibilities
• Coping with change,
• Anger management
The key to the Lifewise Programme is its responsiveness to young parents needs. Working in a group to gain new skills allows young people to see that learning can be relevant useful and fun.
It is hoped that by reaching young mums at an early stage the workshops will help to sustain permanent tenancies and reduce homelessness. Your donation ensures YMGT continue to deliver the necessary workshops giving those skills to young parents to ensure they sustain their new tenancy.
• Each accreditation costs £3.50 per student per unit.
• Every student needs to be registered with AQA this costs YMGT £15.00
• Providing a crèche allows young parents to participate in group work and know that her child is safe and happy.
• YMGT pay £9.00 per hour for one crèche worker for 3 babies for one hour
YMGT receive lots of offers from very generous people with baby clothes and stuff – unfortunately we have very little storage and so we have provided voluntary agencies that we usually donate to when. They work with many families who are in desperate need of baby belongings.
Bristol Refugee Rights
Please bring donations along to the welcome centre at the Malcolm X Centre Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays or contact them at 1 Assisi Centre, Lawfords Gate, Bristol, BS5 0RE – 0117 9080844
Kensington Baptist Church – Easton